Featured Post

The great debacle of healthcare.gov

This is the first time in history when the president of the United States of America, or probably for any head of state around the world,...

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Oracle error: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [15264], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

I was playing with the partitioned table in Oracle 10g. At one instance, I issued a drop table statement to drop a partitioned table but in the middle of the run I changed my mind and stopped the statement execution. Then I tried to re run the statement but got stuck with the oracle error:

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [15264], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

After googling the error, I found some suggestion to purge the recycle bin and bounce the database server to get rid of the error.

SQL> purge recyclebin;
SQL> shutdown immediate;
SQL> startup

In my case, I tried to drop the table after couple of days without any database restart and successfully able to drop that table. So it seems that Oracle internally has managed to fix it in the course of time even without a restart. Anyway, the immediate action would be to restart as usually you won't have leverage to wait days to do the table drop.

No comments: